Monday, July 14, 2008

I'd like to check you for ticks....in the rain of course

alright...has anyone ever heard of brad paisley? because last night i went to one of his amazing concerts.in the pouring rain. The concert was at SPAC and we had lawn seats..haha (enough said). I went with my mom, dad, my sister monica and kayla too. My mom wore a yellow poncho and my dad wore a blue one.....wicked embarassing...kayla and i decided a little water wouldn't hurt us haha. Although we got really wet, kayla and i weren't like soaked (beside our feet), bc we stood under this big thing (which acted as a roof) the whole concert. It was such a good concert, julianne (i dont remember her last name) was there, jewel, chuck wicks (major hotttiee!!!) and brad paisley. they are all country singers for those of you who dont know who they are=]. and it was really good. You know how SPAC is like on a "hill"...well there were tons and tons of people who were outside (yes in the rain outside....part of this crowd being my parents and monica standing under umbrellas) anyways, there was a big group of "older teenagers" (for lack of a better word) and they made a huge mud slide. like seriously they slide down the lawn in the mud and it was soo funny looking, security tried to stop them once, but supposedly they kept going down...security wasn't very successful. So as a whole this week has been an extremely good week, hanging out with josh and kayla, then emilys party which was really fun, and then going to camp but not having to stay over =] haha. alright well it would only be appropriate to leave you with some brad paisley lyrics...(which will hopefully explain the title for this post to you ;]).

Ticks by brad paisley

Every time you take a sip
In this smoky atmosphere
You press that bottle to your lips
And I wish I was your beer
In the small there of your back
Your jeans are playing peekaboo
I'd like to see the other half of your butterfly tattoo.

Hey that gives me an idea
Let's get out of this bar
Drive out into the country
And find a place to park.

'Cause I'd like to see you out in the moonlight
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
And I'd like to check you for ticks.

I know the perfect little path
Out in these woods I used to hunt
Don't worry babe I've got your back
And I've also got your front
I'd hate to waste a night like this

I'll keep you safe you wait and see
The only thing allowed to crawl all over you when we get there is me.

You know every guy in here tonight
Would like to take you home
But I've got way more class than them
Babe that ain't what I want.

its a funny song you should listen to it...alot of his songs are funny.
toodles<3

No comments: